Monday, April 13, 2009

Dotties World Sunday Challenge - Hand Made


Its was Nicola's turn to set the Challenge this week. She wanted this challenge to be out of most peoples' 'Comfort Zone'. Everything has to be hand made, meaning no bought backing papers and if we wanted to use embellishments, then they too had to be hand made. Of course we also had to add a Charmed Card and Crafts Download, available here.
Here is my attempt. I liked this challenge this week. I used an old template that I have had for ages. It was made by a very talented lady called Shirley. Please visit her site here for more available templates. I had to cut it out all by hand. The backing papers I made up myself using my Paint Shop Pro and an image of the Aberdeen Football Club Badge. I used football George and paper pieced on an Aberdeen Football top image. The rest of him was coloured in using Prisma pencils. The other embellishments were "googled" for and printed and cut out. All have been attached using foam pads to make them stand out from the card a little bit. Finally a tag which I cut on the cuttlebug was added and of course red and white ribbons to finish it off. As you may be able to guess, Rob is a fanatic Aberdeen FC fan, so hopefully he will love this card!

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow!! Fantastic card, great idea too!! Thankyou for joining in!.
Nicola.xx

having a {me} day said...

Oh, what a FABULOUS 40TH card!! I love everything about it. Well done! katxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Wow so much work has gone into this it is fab, hugs Pascale

Adele said...

Fabby, fun card. great interpretation for the challenge.

love Dingle.xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea! :) A really fab card.

Vanessa.

Louly said...

Cor!! That's amazing! I love cards like this, they're so unique. Thanks for playing sweetheart.
P.S
Sorry I'm late visiting you, I've been working on the new download set. No rest for the wicked eh!